Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kalamata Olive love

The other day I jokingly told my sister I wished I could crawl inside a kalamata olive. I was *almost* kidding. I love these things. I probably never even had one until recently, but Dan and I can't get enough of them! It's also quite convenient that our food store (attached to our building) has a fresh olive bar that I raid almost daily. This is a recipe Dan and I make at least once a week - usually twice. You can add chicken or feta cheese to it (before I was doing the veg thing, we did this). But it's even delicious just plain! All you need is:

- About 20 kalamata olives, halved
- Avocado, diced
- Grape tomatoes, halved
- olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- Rice

Put tomatoes & olives into a small frying pan with olive oil and plenty of red wine vinegar. Cook for a few minutes. We then put the olives, tomatoes & avocado over rice (we use rice pilaf, but brown rice would be good too). Add extra red wine vinegar if you are strange like me.



Then, voila! Easiest meal ever!

No comments: